Assistant Cook - Aegis St James
Victoria Park, WA
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Located within the City of Victoria Park, Aegis St James provides quality care services for up to 85 residents in a homely environment.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis St James as an Assistant Cook. Working 2 shifts with the possibility of working other shifts.
Under supervision of the Chef Manager, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
Aegis St James offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be working alongside highly skilled and knowledgeable peers where you will feel like part of a team, and a community
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Aegis St James on (08) 9361 8918 or Click "APPLY NOW” to lodge an application.