Sous Chef - Banksia Park
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in the heart of the Calista community, Aegis Banksia Park caters for up to 112 residents within a Low Care, High Care setting as well as Dementia Specific Care services.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Sous Chef to be part of our Banksia Park residence. This role will be 0930-1730 each day of the week (including Saturday and Sunday), with Wednesdays and Thursdays days off.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for providing high quality catering service which will be a point of difference for residents and will enrich the lives of the people living with us.
- Lead the kitchen production team by cooking while mentoring staff.
- Ensure menus are followed in line with Aegis’ philosophy of providing meals that are full of flavour and use fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and Aegis’ food safety plan.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and maximise service offering within budget.
- Qualification in Commercial Cookery
- At least 3 years’ experience as Head Chef or similar role
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people, preferably including vulnerable people.
- Proven experience to run a busy, high volume food service.
- Experience in managing a food production team providing multiple services
- Knowledge of implementing and controlling a food safety program following HACCP principles
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, with strong problem solving skills.
- Customer service ethos with a focus on quality service.
- Passion for cooking and take pride in providing high quality food and services.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How to Apply
Please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.