Social Worker - Aegis Ascot TCP
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth and;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Located in the suburb of Bayswater, Aegis Ascot TCP caters for up to 30 residents who are in need of care and awaiting a return to their home or admission to residential Aged Care.
About the role
The aim of the TCP Program is to provide older people with an option to improve their functional independence and enable them to either return home, if possible or provide support to secure permanent aged residential care. The program facilitates a continuum of care for older people who have completed their hospital episode, including acute and subacute care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Ascot TCP as a Social Worker on a part-time basis, 3 days per week (39 hours per fortnight). Specific days and hours to be discussed at interview.
As an important part of the team you will:
- Provide direct professional Social Work services to residents and their families.
- Participate in multidisciplinary case conferences.
- Liaise with residential aged care facilities and community based service agencies.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of available community based services.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work effectively in a team.
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work in multidisciplinary case discussions.
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the State Administration Tribunal process.
- Have the ability to provide a psychosocial assessment, intervention and plan.
How to apply
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Leanne Garside, Manager - Aegis Ascot TCP on (08) 6279 1500 or click "APPLY" now to lodge an application.