Cook (Relief) - Hermitage
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in the heart of the Ellenbrook Community, Aegis Hermitage caters for up to 120 residents and provides Low, High and Dementia Specific care as well as Extra Services.
About The Role
We are looking for a qualified Cook to be part of our Hermitage residence for relief cover of leave on a Casual basis.
As an important part of the Aegis team, you will:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of quality food and hospitality services for residents.
- Provide food services under the direction and supervision of the Chef Manager.
- Organise kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of meals during weekends.
- Prepare resident’s meals according to dietary plans and menus developed.
- Manage receipt of stores, and food storage according to the relevant regulations.
- Ensure correct food handling techniques are used at all times.
- At least 6 months experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people.
- Highly flexible in availability for shifts.
- A high level of food safety knowledge.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to supervise and organise staff to deliver high quality catering services.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and independently as required.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent).
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded.
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.