Resident Lifestyle Officer - Greenfields
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Located in the Mandurah area, Aegis Greenfields caters for up to 106 residents and provides high quality care services in a homely, modern and welcoming living environment.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team as a Resident Lifestyle Officer. A friendly and helpful disposition, together with your desire to provide and uphold excellent customer service to our Residents at all times, will see you excel in this role.
This is a full time, Monday to Friday role with varying start and finish times.
As an important part of the Facility’s Care and Lifestyle team, you will have a varied role to improve our Residents’ experience which includes;
- Contribute to the admission process by greeting the resident on arrival, assisting with settling into their room, orientation to the facility.
- Getting to know the resident on admission in relation to their likes, needs and preferences, so as to provide a suitable diverse and dynamic lifestyle program.
- Act as a resource to uphold the Excellence in Dining (EiD) principles and be the dining services liaison linking resident food services to ensure resident individualised requests are provided
- Coordinating and delivery of enjoyable, meaningful lifestyle and therapy programs under the direction and support of the Facility Manager, Group Lifestyle Co-ordinator and Occupational Therapist/ Physiotherapist.
- Manage lifestyle programs including intergenerational activities, bookings of activities and bus trips.
- Organise and support resident and relative meetings.
- Be available to attend to Residents’ and Families queries
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Empathetic, compassionate and kind with a genuine interest in working with older people and strong desire to support them in their independence and sense of belonging.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and active listening skills
- Highly motivated with ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Experience in handling feedback (including complaints) in a mature and professional manner
- Experience in the coordination of enjoyable lifestyle programs (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach staff to deliver quality lifestyle and therapy activities (desirable)
- Previous experience in a similar role (desirable).
- Experience in Aged Care (desirable).
- Experience in Hospitality (desirable).
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.