Assistant Cook - Parkview
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Aegis Parkview is a 79 bed, high care facility located in the suburb of Redcliffe, which also offers Dementia Specific care and Extra Services.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Assistant Cook to join the team at Aegis Parkview on a Permanent Full-time basis.
As an important part of the Aegis team, you will:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of quality food and hospitality services for residents.
- Provide food services under the direction and supervision of the Cook/Chef Manager.
- Organise kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of meals during weekends.
- Prepare resident’s meals according to dietary plans and menus developed.
- Manage receipt of stores, and food storage according to the relevant regulations.
- Ensure correct food handling techniques are used at all times.
- At least 2 years’ experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people.
- A high level of food safety knowledge.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to supervise and organise staff to deliver high quality catering services.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and independently as required.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent).
- Aged Care experience is essential.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.