Therapy Assistant - Bassendean
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Aegis Bassendean provides quality care and services for 80 residents in a homely and welcoming living environment.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-driven individual to join our as a Therapy Assistant on a Part-time basis (58 hours per fortnight).
As an important part of the team you will:
- Provide mobility and exercise programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Physiotherapist.
- Provide recreational and other therapeutic activity programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Participate in the organisation and planning of therapy programs.
- Deliver a range of therapy based activity programs as directed.
- Complete accurate documentation in line with relevant guidelines.
- Accompany resident groups on outings
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach staff to deliver quality lifestyle and therapy activities.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- A genuine interest in working with older people.
- A Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent/higher or experience.
- Have experience in a Activity Planning (desirable).
- Experience in aged care (desirable).
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.