Resident Lifestyle Officer - Bassendean
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Aegis Bassendean provides quality care and services for 80 residents in a homely and welcoming living environment.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team as a Resident Lifestyle Officer. A friendly and helpful disposition, together with your desire to provide excellent Customer Service to our Residents at all times, will see you excel in this Part-time position (30 hours per fortnight).
This varied role will include;
- Developing and implementing comprehensive, meaningful and enjoyable lifestyle programs.
- Coordinating, supervising and participating in the daily delivery of lifestyle and therapy programs under the direction of the Facility Manager and Occupational Therapist.
- Participating in the admission process by promoting the Facility’s lifestyle programs, discuss Dining options and Food preferences with new residents, assist with settling into their room and orientation into the Facility.
- Act as a resource to uphold the Excellence in Dining principles and be the dining services liaison linking resident food services to ensure resident individualised requests are provided
- Manage lifestyle programs including intergenerational activities, bookings of activities and bus trips.
- Organise resident and relative meetings.
- Coordination of volunteers.
- Regularly attending dining services
- As required being available to attend to Residents’ and Families queries
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach staff to deliver quality lifestyle and therapy activities.
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Hold a genuine interest in working with older people.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience in Aged Care (desirable).
- Experience in Hospitality (desirable).
- A Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent/higher or experience.
- Proven experience in the coordination of enjoyable lifestyle programs.
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.