Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the Aegis tean as an Assistant Chef. This is a Full-time role and will include weekend shifts.
Under supervision of the Chef Manager, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
Our Food Philosophy is delivered through our signature Excellence in Dining principles of providing food full of flavour, using fresh seasonal ingredients which creates taste sensations you want to share with family and friends within a dining service environment envied by restaurants.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
- An approachable and mentoring demeanour
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.